Nutrition Expert Forum
Blended Oat Meals, Fruits and Vegetables
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blended Oat Meals, Fruits and Vegetables

Dear all,

Lately I bought a powerful blender, similar to that of Vitamix. I started to make my own Oat meal/milk by simply blending rolled oats (Quaker quick cook) with some soymilk and water, in the ratio of Oat 2 Soymilk 0.5 and water 1.5.  I do not filter it at all and just sort of drink it as part of my breakfast.

Along with the oatmilk, I also routinely blend Apples, oranges, bell pepper, carrots, bitter melon, tomatos and occasionally other available veggies into a veggie/fruit smoothie. I add just enough water to make the smoothie liquid enough to drink.

The reason why I do all this is really because I have very little time to prepare breakfast and I"m always on the go, I find the blending way very convenient.

My question is, I wonder if by blending and therefore breaking everything down and consuming them on a daily basis, will my body absorb the nutrients way too fast and develop adverse effects instead? I worry that I may actually absorb the calories or sugar way too fast and instead of lowering my triglycerides and lose weight, I may actually gain weight or perhaps develop diabetes.

I do watch how much fructose/sugar content are in my smoothies and I use more veggies than fruits (such as apple and orange).

It'd be great if someone can help and let me know whether this dieting habit is safe and healthy. Because I intend to do this for a long time and try to fix my health.

By the way I am 30, male, medium body build, smoker and regular drinker. I have high cholesterol and triglyceride. I am trying to get back in shape by cutting down the booze, working out more, and include this new diet habit.

Thank you in advance!
Tags: Vitamix, vegetable smoothies, fruit smoothies, OATS, oatmeal, blender, Cholesterol, triglyceride, Diabetes
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
175 cm/ 5' 9"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
72 kg
267079_tn?1195146570
As long as you use natural fruit and vegetables you can blend them. The only thing that is missing is the fiber from fruit and vegetables which is a great benefit to help prevent diseases. Suggest using the drinks and consume fresh fruit/vegetables during the day. Thank you for your question.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank