Nutrition Community
CREATININE LEVELS AND PARATHYROID HORMONE LEVELS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

I know that that the PTH levels are or can be an indicator for renal bone disease. Is there a direct correlation between creatinine levels and parathyroid levels-what I am asking is if creatinine levels drop , does that mean PTH drop also.I have chronic renal impairment and AM NOT ON dialysis.

I was also concerned that the treatment of Vitamin D therapy,has the potential to cause hypercalcaemia. If there is more  daily exposure to sunlight and a change in diet to introduce a specific milk that is high in calcium, vitamin D and zinc, whether deferrment of Vitamin D therapy may be considered or perhaps not necessary.And does taking magnesium tablets have an adverse effect if taken in conjunction with Vitamin D therapy, as I was lead to believe that magnesium supplements should be reported to the renal specialist to assess whether Vitamin D therapy is/can be a consideration?
My questions above are numerous in number, butI hope you can give me the feedback.
Thanking you
KATDEN
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
Please be aware of this!!!!!!
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
CamLp uploaded new photos
May 01
Track your weight over time