Aa
A
A
Close
1277602 tn?1271117077
Calcium deficiency
Hi
I am 30 years old. For the past 20 years, I have not taken any milk or milk products (cheese, yogurt, butter) etc. Now I feel my bones are brittle, I get cramps and hear my bones make sounds when I sit for a long time or walk fast. My joints ache a lot.
I have started to take 300 ml milk everyday now. Is there anything else I can do to enhance my calcium intake
please help.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Milk is a poor choice for calcium absorption.  First thing, did you get your bone density checked?  That'll tell you if you have a bone problem.  Best absorbable sources for calcium that won't leach out your magesium as dairy does are the green vegetables, such as broccoli, kale, collards, mustard greens, parsley, dandelion greens, seaweeds, and such.  I would bet, also, based on your symptoms, that your problem is more likely magnesium than calcium if it's any mineral deficiency.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
If your problem is still unsolved... You might want to consider adding almonds and/or sesam seeds & soy products to your diet if you think you want to increase amount of calcium you get without using dairy products. Your body also wants magnesium & vitamin D to be able to use the calcium.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
12 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Dec 09
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Dec 08
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
Arlington, VA
1530171 tn?1448133193
Blank