Nutrition Community
Can detoxing your body from commercial chemicals, cause mental anxiety?...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Can detoxing your body from commercial chemicals, cause mental anxiety?

I've changed my lifestyle in the past 6 months by eliminating chemicals in my life, at least the ones I have control over. I know I can't eliminate environmental chemical poisons (which really *****, thanks to big money hungry corporations who call it "progress" ) but I can eliminate it from the food & other products that I use. I've eliminated processed foods, foods in a can (chemically lined), and chemically treated products and started using chemical free products (from household products to personal care products) such as Seventh Generation, and other chemical free companies. Now here's my dilemma:
I've noticed in the last 3-4 months I've become irritable, easily angered, have high anxiety over everything and cry at the drop of a hat. I have always been an upbeat, easy going, happy person and now I feel like a monster to everyone, and I cant even stand myself. I feel like I'm crawling out of my skin. And people around me have noticed it too. I know when people quit smoking. quit drinking, go off medications, they have the same symptoms.
I need to know, is it possible that, that is what's happening to me? Am I going through chemical withdrawal? How long can I expect this to last? I'm going crazy! Will temporary anti-anxiety medication help? Can someone help me before I end up in jail, or worse, dead!
Detox symptoms
Detoxification can be unpleasant. As the body gets the chance to deal with the toxins in your body, you will notice the toxins for a while until they are gotten rid of. Normally, as you keep eating and your body is occupied, toxins are put aside, being gathered in your body and you don't really notice them. And you keep on eating unaware of the harm you are doing to yourself with your foods! And then... as you detox, you feel bad because NOW you sense the toxins and their effects, and then you think it's because you haven't eaten, and you eat and think it's the cure! You'll end up dying prematurely if you continue this way. In fact, toxins are perhaps the main cause of death, as they continue doing harm in your body and you notice them in the form of diseases of various kinds. So don't confuse detox with a disease. What you are experiencing are the toxins that are 'making a last fight' until they leave you. Some of what you may experience:
Headache.
Dizziness.
Palpitations.
Muscle pains.
Tiredness.
Colds.
Kidney and gall bladder stones.
Nausea.
Emotions such as depressions, anger or extreme fury.
Body odor.
Bad breath.
Vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
Pains.
Anxiety.
source natural therapy
Detox symptoms
Headache.
Dizziness.
Palpitations.
Muscle pains.
Tiredness.
Colds.
Kidney and gall bladder stones.
Nausea.
Body odor.
Bad breath.
Vomiting and/or diarrhoea.
Pains.
Anxiety.
source natural therapy