Nutrition Expert Forum
Can you overdose on vitamin B12 sublingual

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

My B12 level was 267 and according to one doctor that was considered "low".  She told me to take a B12 dosage of 200 mcg daily.  My regular doctor then saw me a couple of days later and stated he didn't consider it to be low.  I took the regualr b12 vitamin supplement for a month and noticed no difference.  Then as time went on, my symptoms were all still there (mental fogginess, sluggish memory, difficulty in concentrating etc).  With all the talk regarding "low" levels, one being normal is 200-900, another being 500-1100 I thought well maybe it can't hurt to just take the vitamin b12, however, take it in the sublingual form which I read absorbs better.  The only 2 doses I found on the market were 2500 mcg and 5000 mcg.  So today I started taking the one daily under the tongue 2500 mcg.  Can this hurt me?
Sorry for the repeated answer but I was having difficulting posting an answer to your question.
The range of normal B12 is from160-950pg/ml. Reason for such wide range is due to vitamin B12 are in our tissues plus in the blood so it is difficult to have a true reading. Some people have low vitamin B12 levels due to folate deficiency. I suggest you get a complete Iron profile blood work, which includes MCV, Serum B12, MMA, serum folate, and RBC folate so you can see if you are really deficient in any vitamin Bs or not. If the tests show you are deficient in vitamin B12 injections work the best. Best of luck and thank you for your question.
The range of normal B12 is from160-950pg/ml. Reason for such wide range is due to vitamin B12 are in our tissues plus in the blood so it is difficult to have a true reading. Some people have low vitamin B12 levels due to folate deficiency. I suggest you get a complete Iron profile blood work, which includes MCV, Serum B12, MMA, serum folate, and RBC folate so you can see if you are really deficient in any vitamin Bs or not. If the tests show you are deficient in vitamin B12 injections work the best. Best of luck.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_274/ai_n16359687

http://roseannster.googlepages.com/home
A related discussion, Affect of Taking 1000mcg,s of vitamin b12 was started.
A related discussion, hypoglycemia was started.