Nutrition Community
Candida?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Candida?

I was diagnosed by a naturopathic with something called Candida..i was wondering if anyone out there knows about it, has had it, treated it, and just anything you would like to share...i have done some reserach and been on my program for almost a month-i see a postive change and feel good so i am hoping all is well but always love to hear from other people!
Everyone has candida living in their body.  The problem is when there is too much of it.  Simple things like eating yogurt once a day can really help keep it under control.

Candida is a yeast and bacillus bacteria is what eats it.  Candida overgrowth usually occurs when the good bacteria in your body isn't what it should be. Maybe you have been on antibiotics, eat a lot of meat (which contains a lot of antibiotics) or just had a poor diet.   There are suppliments you can take which will keep you from having to alter you diet too much.
you will notice that there are certain foods to support the fight against over abundance of candida.  I am sure there is a list out there somewhere w/ foods good to eat and not to eat.  but its true, we are all subject to that bacteria.  It feeds on sugar no matter what form it comes in so sometimes its a matter of cutting out sugar refined snacks and also the type of carbs we eat that are stored as such.  Dr Perricone has out some good books which he caps for anti-aging, but his diet is anti-inflammatory and along the same lines as the candida diet.  good luck.
I have been doing alot of research on the topic of Candida.  I believe the simplest test you can do is the spit test.  First thing you do in the morning, spit into a clear glass of water and watch it for about half and hour.  If your spit develops "legs" then you have an overgrowth of candida.  This type of over growth can cause many problems in the whole body including, migrains, swelling, joint pain, gas, bloating, and sight problems.  The overgrowth means that it can now go all over the body.  From what I read, it is serious stuff once it gets out of controll.  There really are so many products out there that it can get over whelming.  Onc site you may want to check out is, Renew Life.
Interesting test. My son-in-law developed serious systemic candida albicans. He was practically tearing his skin off. We put him on oregano oil. I spoke to the man who produces a very pure concentrated oil and he told me it would take six months to get his condition under control. (He had suffered the same condition himself.) He was absolutely right. When the condition gets out of control it is very nasty. He had to quick working for a few months. And, of course, he had to stay away from all sugars, bread, potatoes, and such like.  He ate a lot of yoghurt.
What brand of oregano oil did your son use? What kind of yogurt did he have? With probiotics? Did he ever get rid of the candida?

I also have systemic candida and am looking to rid myself of it - any help would be appreciated.

I also have low stomach acid, so Im trying to treat that and hopefully it will help in getting rid of teh candida as based on my research, low stomach acid is the starting point of bacterial overgrowth since there is not enough acid to kill the bacteria that we consume daily before it enters the colon and gut.
The yoghurt must not be pasturized and must have live organisms. No sugar or fruit, obviously. The oregano was North American Herb and Spice.

But now I have more information because I contracted systemic candidiasis. By coincidence I had started taking Lugol's 5% solution to cure my insomnia and I noticed it appeared to be killing off the candida. How effective it is I am not sure. But it is definite that some of the symptoms are much relieved. The doctor meanwhile prescribed a fungicide, but I have not used it to date because I want to see how far the iodine (Lugol's) can take me, it being nontoxic, and mutations are not resistant to it. I also have the oil of oregano so if the iodine does not work I have two more guns in my armory.

You will want to check all this out on the internet.