Nutrition Community
Coffee
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coffee

Hi there, I provide some basic advice on other forums, but am looking for some advice of my own now, I am wondering if there are health benefits in cutting out coffee and replacing it with decafe coffee, some friends say its good others say it's no better?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I recommend cutting out all coffee. But if you must drink coffee then yes, I would say that decaff is better than regular coffee. Decaff contains little to no caffeine while regular coffee contains high amounts of caffeine. Caffeine can cause MANY problems. I would name them all but it would take me a very long time. Look at this website for further information on caffeine and the side effects it has. Some you have probably already had and didn't even notice. While others take a long time to happen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine
Blank
755829_tn?1246922825
Thank you alynnm
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
The jury is out on coffee, and I am not going to go into a "pro coffee" rant.

I am addicted to coffee, however. I think there should be a coffee adiction (addiction) forum.

That being said there is an old truck-drivers stay-awake trick with coffee.

Get a six ounce can of grapefruit juice and drink it with the coffee. The grapefruit juice will increase the half-life of the caffeine in the bloodstream, so you can stay awake all night on two cups instead of six. This works.

Coffee also causes calcium depletion in the heart mjuscle, which can lead to palpitations. People differ in their sensitivity to this. Adding milk (calcium) makes this less likely, according to the folklore.
Blank
755829_tn?1246922825
Grape fruit with coffee, wow could have used that when I was at University
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity