Nutrition Expert Forum
Confused

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Confused

Im male 35years old, 175cms and my weight was at 82kgs start of the year and I decided to start exercising to lose some of the excess weight. I did weights one day and a 5km run another day. But the thing I was not doing was, i wasnt eating properly with the right quantities. I lost 10kgs over a period of 2 mths maybe, but then last month i fell ill and had sore throat, ulcers, swelling gums.

Did I fall ill because of my lack of attention to proper nutritions?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
If you are not eating right you may be deficient of some nutrients, vitamins or minerals. Suggest having blood work to determine your levels to see if your are deficient or not. Try to eat a Heart Healthy diet which will give you the nutrients, vitamins and minerals your body needs, lose weight slowly, and help with possibly preventing of future disease states. Heart Healthy diet, which is a moderate fat diet, and a moderate fat diet means = using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Exercise does help to lose weight and tone your body. Hoped this helped you.
Hi Renee,

Thanks for your advice and I've since recognised the fact that I might be lacking some nutrients and have been taking some Multi Vitamins. I feel a whole lot better and am resuming my exercise routine but this time watching what and how I eat on a regular basis. I am also going to take your suggestion for a Healthy Heart Diet and see how I go. This is definitely very good advice and one I should have probably seeked for before I embarked on my insane diet/exercise the previous time.

I will look you up in another month to update how I go with this diet plan, again appreciate your support and advice, thanks.

Jai