Nutrition Community
Craving: hard boiled eggs? Long standing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Craving: hard boiled eggs? Long standing

Hello,

I am in recovery from anorexia, and am still going through the refeeding process.

Aside from multiple food intolerances, lactose intolerance and some digestive issues I am doing very well.

I was just wondering why I am craving hard boiled eggs so much?
Its a long standing craving, if I do eat them they keep me full for a very long time(still working on this small appetite), but I will end up craving them a day or two later.

Why?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Almost every human is lactose intolerant, so don't worry about that.  Adult animals don't do dairy.  As to the eggs, maybe you just like them a lot.  They're yummy.  But it could be some nutrient in them your body was crying out for; for example, eggs contain albumin, a very well absorbed form of protein.  If you notice, athletes eat a lot of eggs and egg protein.  Could also have been sulphur, essential to skin and hair and joints.  When you're starving, the body will crave something that feeds it easily.
Blank
638373_tn?1249411569
Thanks!

Yes that makes sense.  I seem to have trouble absorbing normally since I have entered recovery, and sometimes I find myself with little to no hunger and forgetting to eat out of habit or maybe...maybe I get caught in the disease every so often.  Thanks for the insight!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank