Nutrition Expert Forum
Cutting back making me sick

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Cutting back making me sick

I have changed jobs and snacking and going out to eat all the time are no longer really part of my day.  That being said, I am obviously cutting back on what I eat.  While that part is a major benefit, I am also experiencing spells where I feel sick.  It is kind of like a hunger sickness.  Is my body just going through withdrawals from the high amounts of fat and carbs I used to eat?  Is that just a part of losing weight?  How could I curb this?  Healthier snacks help cut the hunger part a bit, but I still feel sick until I eat something unhealthy.  PS, I do not have diabetes and no early signs of it as well.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
It sounds like you have cut back on the amount of calories you consume daily, good or bad foods. You did not state your weight or height so I am not sure what actual calorie requirements you need daily. A general recommendation for females is 1600-1800 calories per day and consume that amount over 3 meals or 5-6 small meals a day. If you are skipping meals, the body may feel sick due to low sugar levels. Consuming food through meals daily keeps the blood sugar mainly even so you may not feel sick. If you are still concerned, suggest seeing a doctor to get checked. Thank you for your question.