Dairy consumption and ovarian cysts
My question is about dairy consumption and reproductive health. I have been experiencing irregular menstration (light constant bleeding). The same thing happened to me 5 years ago, when I was 15 years old. It lasted two and a half months before I saw a doctor. I would get regular periods, but I would be constantly bleeding in-between. After I visited the doctor, I had an ultrasound and they found that I had developed a cyst, and the doctor put me on birth control pills. I later saw an alternative medicine practitioner who told me that the cyst was related to dairy consumption. I had just recently become lactose intolerant, so I proceded to cut all dairy products from my diet. Last year I started eating dairy products again, taking lactose digestive supplements. I have been experiencing gas and bloating in the past few weeks. I had my period two weeks ago, and this week I started having light, constant bleeding like I did five years ago. My question is this: have you ever heard of dairy consumption being related to ovarian cysts, and do you think the recent change in my diet could have caused another one to form?
There is a coorelation between ovarian cysts and dairy. Milk doesn't cause the cysts, but rather the hormones that are given to the cattle and passed on through milk cause a hormonal imbalance in some women that contributes to the formation of ovarian cysts. This occurance seems to be worse in women who also consume a lot of caffeine. This may be the cause of your periods becoming abnormal when you consume milk.  You can try drinking raw milk that is from cows not given the hormones and see how you do. Hope this helps