Nutrition Community
Dairy consumption and ovarian cysts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dairy consumption and ovarian cysts

My question is about dairy consumption and reproductive health. I have been experiencing irregular menstration (light constant bleeding). The same thing happened to me 5 years ago, when I was 15 years old. It lasted two and a half months before I saw a doctor. I would get regular periods, but I would be constantly bleeding in-between. After I visited the doctor, I had an ultrasound and they found that I had developed a cyst, and the doctor put me on birth control pills. I later saw an alternative medicine practitioner who told me that the cyst was related to dairy consumption. I had just recently become lactose intolerant, so I proceded to cut all dairy products from my diet. Last year I started eating dairy products again, taking lactose digestive supplements. I have been experiencing gas and bloating in the past few weeks. I had my period two weeks ago, and this week I started having light, constant bleeding like I did five years ago. My question is this: have you ever heard of dairy consumption being related to ovarian cysts, and do you think the recent change in my diet could have caused another one to form?