Nutrition Community
Diet for Hypothyroid and Hyperuricemea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Diet for Hypothyroid and Hyperuricemea

I recently  went for a blood test and TSH was 12.3 while serum uric acid was 6.4.
Doctor prescribed a thyroxine of 25mg to take daily in empty stomach.For uric acid also a medicine is sprescribed which i am taking from more than 1 week.

I am on a diet loss programme.Many suggested to stop taking bengal grams,pulses and other protein rich food.Please suggest a diet for me.

Regards
Have no idea why you'd want to cut out protein, but diet is very personal.  It depends on how you digest food.  Individuals do better on some foods than on others, but it's hard to turn fat to muscle without sufficient protein.  As to the uric acid, that's also dietary -- I wouldn't duplicate medication, but there are plants that help with that as well, such as celery seed extract.  As for the thyroid, again duplicating medication is unwise, but the natural way to do this is to add iodine to the diet usually through seaweed.  Perhaps it's time to see a holistic nutritionist to learn what choices are available to you.
Thanks for your reply
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Tatisss uploaded new photos
Truth in Olive Oil
Jun 28 by gymdandee
MH Community Mgr commented on stacey10's status
Jun 28
Track your weight over time