Nutrition Community
Dieting with hypoglycemia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dieting with hypoglycemia

I have hypoglycemia which makes me tired, nauseous, over hungry, and leaves me with no energy throughout the day.  What can I eat more or less of to get this under control? I can barely switch over laundry without feeling exhausted and dizzy.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1236893_tn?1408490528
You should eat small meals throughout the day, avoiding long periods without eating. Include snacks. Don't skip meals and eat the snacks between meals to equal about six small meals. This could help prevent a large decrease in blood sugar levels.
Blank
I agree completely with the above, but my question is, how do you know you have hypoglycemia?  Is it properly diagnosed?  I ask, because many people self diagnose this disorder, and many practitioners of natural medicine think everyone almost has it -- it became quite a fad a few years back.  In truth, very few people have this disorder as a chronic problem.  If you were diagnosed, I'd think you would be under treatment for it and would have been sent to a nutritionist, so that's why I'm asking.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...