Nutrition Community
Dilantin & vitamins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Dilantin & vitamins

I have taken 600mg of dilantin per day for approx. 10 years to maintain a dilantin level that stops me from having gran mal seizures.  Lately I have not had much energy, I assumed it was because of my age. I recently took vitamins labeled "Super B Complex & C", I seem to have more energy now. Do you think the dilantin has robbed me of those vitamins or is it just coincidence?  I see my doctor every 2 months and will ask his opinion but I am just wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of this.
Most drugs DO rob you of the "B" vitamins and "C" too, so, this is probably why you are feeling tired. I would continue to take them, they won't hurt you, then, when you see you doctor, you can let him/her know what is going on.