Nutrition Community
Do you need fiber with your juice?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Do you need fiber with your juice?

My family juices once enough for three days, and we juice every three days. I've read that is about the MAX amount of time Juice is still good for. I've been doing some research, and some people are saying that you Need to have fiber with your juice or else it's bad for you.

Do you really need fiber with your juice?
What would happen if you don't have fiber with your juice.
You're not saying what you're juicing, nor what else you're eating, nor what kind of juicer you're using. Some "juicers," such as Vitamax, don't really juice, they puree, so you get the fiber.  Some juicers use high heat and high speed, so they do a better job of getting rid of the fiber but also destroy much of the nutrient value.  Some juicers juice slowly with twin blades so they don't generate as much heat and leave in more pulp.  And you can always just eat the pulp if you want to.  It doesn't disappear.  But again, I'm assuming you're also eating food not juiced, so you might be getting a lot of fiber that way.  Also keep in mind that since juiced foods are essentially pre-digested by the juicer, you don't need as much fiber at least for digestion, though fiber does much more than just help digest food.  One question to ask yourself is, how well are you going to the bathroom?  That will tell you something.