Nutrition Expert Forum
Do you need fiber with your juice?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Do you need fiber with your juice?

My family juices once enough for three days, and we juice every three days. I've read that is about the MAX amount of time Juice is still good for. I've been doing some reasearch, and some people are saying that you Need to have fiber with your juice or else it's bad for you.

Do you really need fiber with your juice?
What would happen if you don't have fiber with your juice.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
Most fiber passes through our body, which is why it is good for us. It makes the colon work and moves our waste faster through so there is a decreased chance of disease development in the large intestines. It does not affect the absorption of vitamins; in fact higher fiber foods have a greater number of vitamins. Our main source of vitamins and minerals comes from fruits and vegetables, plus insoluble source of fiber. That fiber helps with decrease heart disease and possibly cancer. If you are juicing and not using the fiber, then you are missing out on the rich fiber that is the end product. If you do not want the fiber in your juice, then suggest adding it to soaps, vegetables or mix it in pancake batter for pancakes, or muffins/bread mixes, etc. Hoped this helped you.