Nutrition Expert Forum
Do you need to cut out the sprout in the middle of garlic?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

I know you should cut off the sprout that grows out of the garlic. I've been researching and some people say to cut it open and take out the sprout in the middle because it's bad for you, and some people say it doesn't really matter. I've heard that eating the sprout in the middle is somewhat bad for digestion.

Is it better for you to cut out the sprout in the middle as well?
Does it really impact your digestion?
If it does hurt you, what else does it do that is bad?
It is okay to eat the garlic sprout. Some people like the taste because it taste like wild garlic. Others use it as a garnish. Either way it does not hurt the digestive system. Thank you for your question.