Nutrition Expert Forum
Excessive diet soda intake?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Excessive diet soda intake?

I have a 64 oz cup I fill full of diet pop or artifically sweetened tea everyday 3 times a day on average, sometimes only 2.  Is this dangerous to my kidneys or other system?  Just to note I drink 128-192 ounces of diet pop/tea a day and have for about 3 years everyday now.  I am 30 years old, and not overweight or diabetic.  I do smoke though, which is why I think I drink alot, as I get cotton mouth.  I smoke about a pack of menthols a day.

Thank you.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'10
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
163lb
Having that much fluids a day is good for our bodies, however, it should be water then soda. Suggest drinking your tea instead of soda, if you do not like water. Smoking may be the cause of your 'cotton' mouth. It would help you medically, as you get older, if you would quit smoking. Thank you for your question.