Nutrition Community
Exercise and Clean eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Exercise and Clean eating

I have been exercising for 3 weeks now for 5 days a week both cardio and weight training. I am 22 years old and weight 165lbs. I have not been losing weight and when i do its 1lb and then i gain it back. I dont eat that healthy  as well. I drink water but not enough. I cut out juice and soda and when i do drink juice its been 8oz only. What am i doing wrong? Should i change my eating habits completely. I got so obsessed with losing weight that i was going to the gym and burning over 1000 calories and only intaking 1200 calories of food. Please help!I need to get down to 140lbs.  
Avatar dr f tn
Hi!
Your weight is on the higher side. The common causes of weight gain are overeating, lack of exercise, diabetes, hypothyroidism have to be ruled out in your case. If all these causes are ruled out then you can start a diet and exercise program to lose weight. A healthy way to lose weight is between 1 and 2 lbs. per week. To lose 1 to 2 lbs. per week one needs to burn 500 to 1,000 calories more per day than the consumed. Any weight loss programme needs a good combination of a balanced diet and exercise to lose weight. Take up lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, oats and other whole grain products and lean meat and take carbohydrates in moderation and limit fat and sugar. Week by week slowly increase the exercise which should include both aerobics and strength training. Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Stop eating processed foods  diet ,sodas, fried foods,toffees,soft drinks, tinned foods,puddings,fruit juice,desserts,artificial sweeteners .The healthiest way to reduce weight   is to reduce your portion sizes, eat fats in moderation, and increase your physical activity. You will need sustained efforts to achieve weight loss. Hope this helps. Take care!
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
CamLp uploaded new photos
Tatisss uploaded new photos
Jun 29
Track your weight over time