Nutrition Expert Forum
Exhausted after eating..
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Exhausted after eating..

After I eat any meal, usually breakfast or lunch though I get really really drowsy and I will eventually pass out for up to 3 or 4 hours. After I wake up I will drink at least 2 water bottles, not even gradually, I just chug them both becasue I am just overcome with thirst.

I feel like other people can eat without being bedwritten for the rest of the day. My schedule allows me to do this though because I am still in highschool and my school only requires me to go once a week and really at any time. I work in the morning, not a weird shift, just 10-2 usually.

I go to bed generally before 11pm...so I think I am getting enough rest.

Maybe it is because I will eat a bowl of fruit loops or something else high in sugar & carbs. Do you think my situation will improve if I cut out sugary cereals and things like that?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'3
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
267079_tn?1195146570
High sugar cereals alone would not cause the excessive sleeping after meals and the increased thirst. Suggest you go to your Doctor and get checked.
2 Comments
Blank
I would suggest looking into candida, I am not a doctor so don't take my word on it but I have candida and suffered from similar simptoms to you, plus alot more. I got so tired some days I felt like I was dying, it's horrible. If a doctor can't work out whats wrong you should look into it. I was seeing doctors for 10 years on and off and they never worked out what was wrong with me. I was told to stay on iron supplements for the rest of my life! Finally a Naturopath helped me work out I had candida, i had never heard of it before but now I'm almost cured! Good luck, and like Renee said you should see your doctor.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank