Nutrition Expert Forum
Exhausted after eating..

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Exhausted after eating..

After I eat any meal, usually breakfast or lunch though I get really really drowsy and I will eventually pass out for up to 3 or 4 hours. After I wake up I will drink at least 2 water bottles, not even gradually, I just chug them both becasue I am just overcome with thirst.

I feel like other people can eat without being bedwritten for the rest of the day. My schedule allows me to do this though because I am still in highschool and my school only requires me to go once a week and really at any time. I work in the morning, not a weird shift, just 10-2 usually.

I go to bed generally before 11pm...so I think I am getting enough rest.

Maybe it is because I will eat a bowl of fruit loops or something else high in sugar & carbs. Do you think my situation will improve if I cut out sugary cereals and things like that?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'3
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
104
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
17
High sugar cereals alone would not cause the excessive sleeping after meals and the increased thirst. Suggest you go to your Doctor and get checked.
I would suggest looking into candida, I am not a doctor so don't take my word on it but I have candida and suffered from similar simptoms to you, plus alot more. I got so tired some days I felt like I was dying, it's horrible. If a doctor can't work out whats wrong you should look into it. I was seeing doctors for 10 years on and off and they never worked out what was wrong with me. I was told to stay on iron supplements for the rest of my life! Finally a Naturopath helped me work out I had candida, i had never heard of it before but now I'm almost cured! Good luck, and like Renee said you should see your doctor.