FINGER NAILS SEEM TO BE CHANGING SHAPE, THEY ARE CAVING IN AND GETTING ROUGH.
I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE TO RIGHT AREA FOR THIS PROBLEM. MY SIX YEAR OLD SONS FINGER NAILS AND TOE NAILS SEEM TO BE CHANGING SHAPE. NOT ALL OF THEM . THERE ARE ABOUT FOUR FINGER NAILS AND ABOUT TWO TOE NAILS. IT IS LIKE THEY ARE CAVING IN. I REALLY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE IT. HIS NAILS USE TO FLAT AND NOW THEY ARE NOT AND THEY ALSO SEEM TO BE GETTING ROUGH FEELING. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING? ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.
changes in the shape and texture of nails may tell us of physical problems.  Spooning nails, that is when the nail is thin and will growupward along the edges may indicate anemia/iron defiency.  Eggshell nails are thin also with the spooning along the edges of the nail may indicate the presence of a chronic condition or a nervous disorder.  This may also indicate a problem with chemical exposure, problems with detergents, bath soaps, fingernail polish, malnutrition, and other health problems. It can also be a result of trauma from an accident, tight shoes, ballet, repetitive finger hitting like drumming the finger, or even may be caused by chewing on the fingernails into the quick causing a malforamtion of the nail.  The best thing to do is to see the doctor, get some blood work done and go from there.  Hope this helps.
Star Queen is right. Changes in mail shape are also ocasionally related to pulmonary sufficiency, curiously enough.