Fasting
Hi all. I didn't know where to post a fasting question, so I am doing it here. Okay, I'm 29, healthy (or healthier than most in this modern age) and slender. I became addicted to laxatives last year, but after doing some research, I realized that my abuse wasn't as bad as other people's. I took about 4 a week for about 8 months, then weened myself to about 2 every few weeks. Well, I am having bad pain at my sides now, as well as my back (thinking it's kidneys). I have been eating healthy and have not had a laxative for 2 weeks. However, due to the pain, I want to do a 7 day water fast. I want to give my kidneys a break and "renew" my body. Is this healthy for me to do? Please only people who know what they are talking about answer this. I'm not trying to sound snotty, but I am so sick of those yahoo forums in which 12-year-olds answer like they know what they are talking about. Also, at what point will the hunger pains go away? What should I expect. Thanks!
You need to see a doctor.  Fasting is best done in a position of strength or to eliminate toxins, but you've been eliminating too much and you're in a position of weakness.  Also, fasting is usually worked up to slowly, starting with one day, then two, etc.  But after abusing laxatives for so long and having pain, I would definitely get a thorough check up to see if you did some damage.  I also wouldn't be surprised to find you're lacking some essential nutrients by speeding your digestion for such a long time.  Rather than fasting, you're more likely to need feeding with mineral and vitamin rich food, particularly organic green vegetables.  But first, the checkup.