Nutrition Expert Forum
Feeling drained of energy all the time

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Feeling drained of energy all the time

My husband is 36 years old and has been eating healthy (a 2000 calorie diet a day low in fat and red meats, high in lean meats, fiber, and vegetables, and he takes a multi-vitamin) and gets a lot of exercise at work and at home. He took Hydroxycut for approximately six months but stopped taking it about a month and half ago. Since then he says he feels completely drained of energy. He wakes up tired and he goes to bed tired. We really don't want him to go back to "diet" pills and was wondering if there might be something that he could possibly eat or some type of vitamin, mineral, or supplement that might help him. Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5 foot 6 inches
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
203
I do not know if you are aware of it or not, however, the FDA put out a recall May 1st on all Hydroxycut products due to the harmful medical effects. Suggest your husband see his Doctor and get checked if he is feeling so exhausted and he had been taking the product to lose weight. For more information you can go to the FDA website www.fda.gov
We knew that hydroxcut had been recalled and he had actually stopped taking it before then. He has been having problems with being tired and exhausted though long before he even began taking this product.  My sister-in-law, his sister, suffers from myalgia that the doctors can't really pinpoint the cause of or determine the source. He has leg cramps often as does his nephew. He has been checked out and always checks out in good health and has not been diagnosed with myalgia or anything along those lines. I had just read though that there is possibly a link between myalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. That's why he was interested into searching maybe some sort of supplement that might help him to feel more rested. He was checking into Coenzyme Q10, Guarana Seed extract. We were also looking into valerian root extract so as to help him sleep better and maybe feel more rested. Any suggestions?
Suggest he gets his Coenzyme levels before taking the supplement. Controlled studies have shown that it may benefit outcomes from cardiac surgery, CHF, and Myocardial Infarction. All other studies have lacked support that Coenzyme is a benefit. Lowering stress and proper sleep will help with chronic fatigue syndrome, if that is what he has.