Nutrition Community
Feeling sick after I eat anything.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Feeling sick after I eat anything.

Every time I eat, I feel sick right afterwards and it lasts for a few minutes but I start gagging and I have to try to hold my food in. I have only vomited very very few times and usually it is just me spitting a little something out but still it is a constant gagging and feeling sick. I have always had a problem with food but for the past 2 years or so, it has gotten to the point where it happens after every meal. I don't like breakfast food because breakfast makes me feel the worst. I thouht perhaps it was what I was eating but it happens with anything. Maybe I am eating too fast? I am 5ft1inch and a size 0 or sometimes 1. Am I overeating? Is this a mental thing? Am I eating too fast and getting full before I stop? I already eat very little though. Is this a problem I should look into or is it normal?

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it so much.
This is certainly not a normal reponse. I would make an appointment with your doctor and discuss this with them to get to the bottom of the problem - there might be a simple remedy.
I agree with spade. The other thing you can do is eat clean like no spices nothing out of a box. And slowly incorporate things back in. You might have a food allergy.
HI- This is definitely not normal. I would first see your doctor and you might need to be referred to a gastroenterologist- a specialist in digestive diseases who can determine the cause of your nausea.

Are you taking any kind of medication or vitamins in the morning. Sometimes those can cause nausea if taken on an empty stomach.

Good luck
I have been sick for a week now.  Everytime I eat I have horrible stomach pains and then I am in the bathroom???  I have been drinking chicken broth for meals and am affraid to eat anything now.????
Slippery Elm is very soothing and healing to the digestive tract, and completely safe. Pick some up at a health food store, and add it to some tea.
Ginger is great for preventing and aleviating nausea, but if this has been going on a long time you should see a doctor. You can try a digestive enzyme complex, too. This should help with food sensitivities, and can even end acid reflux.

Hope this helps.

Enzy
i dont have an answer, sorry, but justw anted to say you and me both. i have the same problem you basically took the words out of my mouth. :/