Feeling sick after eating
I recently have started feeling sick when I am eating and for a while after I am eating. I have no idea why does anyone have any ideas
Does it happen with everything you eat? Can it happen with salad as well as with fatty foods? Do specific kinds of foods trigger it more often?
Could also have something to do with certain medicines you are taking. If you are female birth control can sometimes be a culprit for something like this.
This happened to my sister, and it turned out her gallbladder had stopped working. You can have a HIDA-scan to evaluate the function of your gallbladder.
This also happened to me, and a physical\blood work resulted in my having Hep C, now doing treatment for that health issue, hope your able to get some tests, and the results aren't as serious.
hi, i been reading up on what you have written, and its right since i had a baby in decemer after i eat i feel sick and some times i am sick, and ive seen my gp and ive had blood tests i havent yet got results but my gp told me its a high possibilty that it my pill injection thats making me feel like this, and if it not its my food that im eatting like fatty foods im not over weight or anything infact im under i weight 6.13 and im 5foot 4 and im only 18. so if you feeling ill when eatten its best to get checked out :) x
this happens to me and i haven't been able to find out whats wrong. i have had the birth control injection , but it statred months before having that. help   :(
I don't know what is wrong, but, I have the exact same feeling. I can be really hungry, but, I will eat a couple of bites and I am sick as a dog, and feel so bloated. I have been to doctors and all they tell me is it is stress related. My Naturopath has put me on digestive aides, but, they make me sick too. All the tests they have taken have come back normal too.  I don't care what I eat, drink or take, I get so sick and bloated. I wish someone would find something. I do have a hiatal hernia, so that might be some of my problem, plus, I AM under tremendous stress.

So, you are not alone, if I ever find out what it is, I will let everyone know. I know I am tired of this, it has been going on for over a year.
hi i have been sick during and after eating for the past 2 months. after reading everything you guys have written it all seems we are in a viscous circle of stress related stomach upset. i do believe that the longer we stress the worse it gets and the worse it gets the more we stress especially because it seems no one can help us. i also have sleeplessness and gas that go along with the bloat. has any one figured out anything more about the pill having to do with it? i always seem to get my period before i am supposed to and i get a lot more sick then. if i dont take the pill i wont get my period at all and i break out on my chest. so i take it to regulate things but now i get 2 periods!! has anyone with this taken a no hormone IUD? i was thinking of regulating my hormones with flax/sesame oil does anyone have any info on this?>
I have been experiencing sick feeling after eating - anything. No sickness, until after I eat.  The sick feeling lasts a few hours.  I am planning a move across the country.. so am under stress.. I just wish I could find a way to stop it!
i have been getting all the symptoms that you have. i was actually admitted to hospital for a week due to me not eating and feeling sick all the time. they found nothing through bloods, CT and ultra sounds. they called me a 'mystery girl'.

I am better now, but still feel sick after eating and always seem to have gas... is this a intolerance thing?
I'd go to the doctors to check whether i'm right or not but this sounds similar to what I used to suffer with and I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance.
There are a few things you can do to test this firstly avoid milk completely for a few days and then drink a glass of milk, if the symptoms return then theres your problem.
Alternatively you can go to the doctors where they could do a number of things, they may decide you have that by simply listening to your symptoms, or have you blow into something to sample your breath (can't remember why but I know they look at the level of hydrogen in it)
If this is your problem there's a simple solution; there are tablets in Holland and Baretts that you take before having anything with milk in and they help you digest the lactose, this almost completely stops the symptoms. However they cost £10 a bottle for 60 pills (I think), and they don't last very long depending on the amount of milk is in your diet.
Hope this helps :D
I get exactly the same, whenever i eat something i get a nauseating feeling afterwards and i've had to rush to the toilets too because i've felt like i'm going to be sick. It's a horrible feeling, and i've also been wanting to know what it is for quite some time now. I've been to the doctors about it but he was no help at all, he pressed around on my stomach to feel if everything was okay and he said it was & he doesn't think i have anything physically wrong with me and he told me to check back with him again in january to let him know if i am still getting it. I am positive that i will still be getting this feeling then because i am on no medication whatsoever to cure it. It's rubbish because i don't want to get this feeling when i'm sat down having a nice christmas dinner with my family, so i am thinking of checking back with him sooner. I never look forward to eating, because i know i'm going to get this feeling. It probably doesn't help that i think about the sick feeling i'm going to get before i eat, because that way i am half way there already but i can't help but think about it. Maybe it's just a mind game, i don't know, but i can't stand it for much longer. I am concerned about myself because of this.
After i eat i always need to go loo and i always feel sick i wont to no if this is normal or do i have a eating disorder? x
I have the same thing.  Its terible and I'm tired of it.  Just yesterday I had an upper GI uck.  The dr saw nothing ...they were looking for cancer, bc I had all the symtoms.  He said nothings wrong?!  Im realy upset bc I feel terible I try to mask it and get on with dayly things. School, my work keeping a life.  ya know but it hurts so much, I wana lay down.  When ever im up moving around the pain is worse.  Mon. then Wed.  then sat.  i went to the Dr.s 3 times &  I have lost over 12lb.s My stomic hurts so bad any time I try to putfood in me I get full in 3 bites, stomic gets tight and everything everyone eles is saying happens.  I also have like a swollen throut like wear my toncels use to be. Im weak frustrated.  Dr tested me for Mono., Strep. H. pyrio, had upper GI scan.  I go back to dr in two days.  The GI dr said now my family dr will probly look at my gallblater now....what is gooing on bc its effecting everything in my life
i am also feeling sick but the thing is me and my bf of 1 yr had intercourse and the condom broke so the next day i took the morning after pill within 10 hours but they only gave me 1 tablet.... after all of this iv been feeling sick for about a week now... bad ache, hips hurt, earlier in this week i couldnt even get to sleep and i felt dizzy and sick lying down... now i have my period and the first day of it was really painful, even more painful then ever... 2day is the second day will see how i go...
but i feel really hungry and when i eat i feel bloated and sick but not to the point im gana chuck just feel sick.... im wondering if i could be pregnant because when i took the morning after pill i was in the cycle of when its easiest for you to get pregnant and the pill has a least effective chance of working... idk i need help... pls someone know anything? does the pill last 10 days?
I get the same feeling. It was really annoying cus my mum just assumed it was bullemia. However I have a thing called acid reflux which could be a factor to me being sick. THis is a link to a website on it http://www.reflux.org/, you should get yourself checked out cus if it is that it means you should avoid some kinds of food. Also it can mean that you are prone to heart burn and stuff like that.
a few months ago everytime i ate i would feel so sick i would end up vomiting! no i do not have any type of eating disorder i love food which was horrible for me then lol. but i honestly think it was just so much stress. so perhaps you are just very stressed out? if you are you can always try doing more things that you enjoy!
Have any of you been tested for Celiac's Disease or tried going on a gluten free diet? I used to feel sick all the time too after eating. One time, I lost 20 pounds in a single week. I've felt a lot of the symptoms mentioned. I stopped eating gluten (aka wheat) and the symptoms stopped. I feel much better now and have been on a gluten free diet for two years. It's tough and you have to give up a lot of food that you no doubt love, but trust me, feeling better is worth it.
This also happens to me. and It's awful. I am lactose intolerant, but I never used to get this sick, usually only if I have had a lot of dairy that day, which I've been laying off of recently to see if that's what it was, but it's gotten even worse. I try to stay away from fatty foods for health reasons, but it's still getting worse. I thought it might be from dehydration, so I've been increasing my water intake, but it hasn't changed at all.
  I've started to wonder if it could actually be the FOOD that's causing it, and not a medical condition or "sensitive stomach." With all of the fillers in meat products today, and just overall unhealthy food that is out there today, it seems like more and more of us are all getting ill! This is so scary!
There are so many stomach related illnesses.  Lactose Intolerance is actually a common adult-onset issue that most people don't realize.  Food allergies are always the last thing that doctors look for, so I agree with some of the other posts, try changing certain things in your diet for a week and if you feel better you can self-diagnose easily.  One week cut out dairy, one week cut out gluten, one week cut out meat...  You will realize what the trigger is and learn how to adapt your life and live healthier.  Good luck!
For a year now. Everytime i eat wether it's a tiny bit or a fair portion i get very sick. My stomach pops out so much, i cant breathe what so ever it's like this pressure i cant move i cant do anything. I end up throwing it up like my stomach rejects the food and after i throw up i feel great the pains are still there but, i can breathe. I have been to the doctor they told me i have colitis. I have been in and out of the emergency room many times, they told me they dont know. So i had a colonoscopy and they found hemroids. So they set up an appointment for the same thing but, down my throat. I am just wondering what the hell is going on. I know my body and i know when there's something wrong. I also have a golfball cyst on my brain. Osteoarthritis in my back, liver functions are elevated white blood cells are elevated. I always feel sick i never feel good no matter what i do and i am 25 too young to be feeling like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!