Nutrition Expert Forum
Food Recommendations For a Thyroid Nodule

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

I have a thyroid nodule that has progessively grown over the past year from 24.3 x 12.mm to 24.3 to 25mm (left
thyroid nodule ) I also have the right nodule that grew from 7.4 x 6.4 to 7.7 to 7.3.  Benign biospy results.

I have been given the option to remove the entire gland within 3-6 months if growth continues.

My question is about nutrition and thyroid conditions.  Is it true that I may need to increase my intake of
fish? or is there certain foods I may need to avoid that my be result in the increased growth?

Just searching all areas to confirm that I am actually doing everything I can to prevent further growth in the
nodules.

Thank you for your time and recommendations.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5.2
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
146
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
40 years old
Do you have hypothyroidism and the nodules are a results from it? Sorry for the question. Thank you.
No my lab works shows normal thyroid functioning levels.  I do not have hyper or
hypothyroidism. We dont know why I have these nodules.  My ENT recommends
a complete removal of the entire gland in January if the ultrasound shows that it
grows.  

Gail adams
The only recommendation in regards to food with the thyroid when a person has either hyper or hypothyroidism is to limit the intake of foods that contain natural goitrogens which are Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and kale. Asparagus, broccoli, lettuce, peas, soybeans, spinach, turnip greens, and watercress need to be limited, too. I do not know if this will help you or not with your condition.
A related discussion, thyroid nodule was started.