Nutrition Expert Forum
Food Safety

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Food Safety

Is it safe to eat deli meats while being pregnant? Can I eat bologna and ham and things like that?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
It is recommended not to eat deli meats while pregnant. Suggest cooking regular meats and slice them for sandwiches, or eat salads with chicken/nuts in place of cold cuts. Thank you for your question.
I've done my research and it says its not okay. I think it's okay if you cook it cuz your killing the bacteria but I just stay away from it all together.