Nutrition Expert Forum
Food Safety

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Food Safety
Is it safe to eat deli meats while being pregnant? Can I eat bologna and ham and things like that?
It is recommended not to eat deli meats while pregnant. Suggest cooking regular meats and slice them for sandwiches, or eat salads with chicken/nuts in place of cold cuts. Thank you for your question.
I've done my research and it says its not okay. I think it's okay if you cook it cuz your killing the bacteria but I just stay away from it all together.