Nutrition Expert Forum
Food intolerance. what should i do?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Food intolerance. what should i do?

After doing a test to see which o mediterrean food i can eat i discovered that i'm intolerant to wheat, maiz, casein, Cocoa, bread yeast, soya, cow milk, fagopyrum esculentum, white beans, eggs, goat milk, sheep milk, almonds, avena sativa,  carrot, hordeum vulgare.

My life is a complete mess at the moment. Some doctors say i have irritable bowel syndrome, but others say that my condition is treatable through biorressonce and by avoiding all of the foods i mentioned above. After two weeks of eating products without the above mentioned ingredients i don't fell better. I keep on having loads of flatulence and irregular bowel habits. I made test to intestinal bacteria and parasites and the result was low bifidobacterium... I used to eat activia yogurts, but as they contain casein i can no longer eat them.

So its being really hard for me to have something to eat during breakfast and between main meals.

I tried some organic food but i don't like it very much and it is really expensive.
If i keep on eating those ingredients, will i develop any serious disease?

Can i get a help from you?

Thank you very much
Tags: Diet, flatulence, food intollerancence, bifidobacterium, Organic Food, casein, wheat, sibship
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
172
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
60
Have you been tested for Celiac disease? Sometimes Celiac disease is misdiagnosed as IBS. There are some things that will help both conditions. Eat 5-6 small meals a day. Take the 3 large meals and break them into half so you are eating food every 2-3 hours during the day. This keeps your body be in a constant rhyme and does not become 'overloaded' 3 times a day with heavy meals. Eating lower fat foods will help too. For your IC you do have to restrict drinking alcohol, caffeinated & citrus drinks, high acids foods, chocolate, tomatoes, and artificial sweeteners. For IBS staying away from dairy foods would help, eat high fiber foods to help with constipation, and drink 6-8 cups of water a day. Suggest eating low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat soy cheese & pasta), substitute dairy products (low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits (except tomatoes and high acid fruits) and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (wheat free). If you are not allergic to corn you can have corn products, such as corn tacos and rice noodles as pasta, rice cakes, and potato pancakes to names a few and give you variety. An excellent website www.celiac.org is a great resource for information of the disease, gluten-free diet, and food products with gluten. Hope that helps you.
Thank you for the helpful information you provided!
The test said that i am not intorelant to gluten, but i am intolerant to soy and corn (i forgot to mention).

Do you think that through the above mentioned therapies is there any chance of getting rid of this syndrome, for good?

Thank you once again
IBS does not go 'away'. You learn to control it by the methods above. It will become a way of life for you.
Last week i was told to start eating a Sauerkraut (fermented vegetals) tea spoon everyday. The fact is, since then i have diarrhea everyday. I missed the classes (i'm on college now), because i can't be seated for a long time without going to the toilet. It's embarrrasing...
Do you think that i should keep on eating it? It's made of good bacteria, so i'm really confused now...

Thanks for your help