Nutrition Expert Forum
Good Fat and Bad Fat

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Good Fat and Bad Fat

I'm reversing my diabetes type II with diet and exercise. I'm doing well but I need to know one thing about good fat versus bad fat. I take it that ie. walnuts olives etc. have good fat and ie. cream vegetable oil have bad fat. What exactly does the good versus bad fat affect on your blood work? ie. will good fat raise lower or raise tryglycerides? Thank you so much. Liz
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5' 8"
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
208 llb
Good fat lowers triglycerides. It is recommended you consume a moderate fat diet to lower cholesterol and triglycerides. A moderate fat diet means using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. So the foods you need to eat are the following: low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and increase daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Hoped this helped you.
Thank you so much, it certainly does help me~~
Thanks for giving the such nice information.