Nutrition Community
Have had chronic diarrhea most of my life it left for 2 years but now i...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Have had chronic diarrhea most of my life it left for 2 years but now its back! Why?

Well the title says most of it I pretty much started having diarrhea and abdominal cramps in middle school along with some fatigue. I for the most part just dealt with it because my parents kept saying it would go away. Then my senior year came around which was now 7 years ago. But pretty much for most of the school year I felt miserable. I wasn't having a ton of stomach problems but I do remember being really tired constantly.
      An example every Saturday I had to be at work at 6 am which was next to impossible for me to do and be there till 1 well when I got off work I would just go home and sleep till 8 or so that night. But anyways for most of the year I felt this way until about around April then all a sudden I had all this energy and motivation and all of a sudden 3 months had past and I completely forgot about my stomach problems. Because they where completely gone! Like nothing, I felt 100% normal and this continued for about 2 years. When all a sudden they came rushing back like they where never gone.
      So I keep thinking back to what had happen around that time, and the only thing I can come up with is I had my  wisdom teeth removed a month prior to this time. Where I was given a really strong course of antibiotics which was clindamycin at 600 mg a day I believe it was. Could this have helped me!? And if so why or how!?

They have ran every test imaginable I don't have crohns, uc, inflammatory bowel disease, supposedly no infections because my white blood cell count is normal they have done several basic ova and parasites stool tests. Doctors keep telling me that's there's nothing there so what happened! And please don't say ibs because that's honestly a hoax. The only test that slightly showed something was my fructose malabsorption was slightly elevated but if that where the case then why did my symptoms disappear for so long!

Please help I'm so tired all the time I can barely see straight and my complete quality of life is lacking so bad, I haven't had a gf in over 5 years because I literally have no energy to date. I don't understand why I am so tired all the time.

My current symptoms are: Extremely tired all the time even after sleeping 12 to 14 hours, diarrhea, abdominal pain, some nausea, headaches, and my stomach just feeling unsettled all the time
Doctors today are only interested in running blood tests and prescribing drugs. So, they order blood work to look for a potassium deficiency.
But if they thought back to their medical education, they’d remember that only 2 percent of your body’s potassium content is found in your blood
stream the other 98 percent is in your cells and is used up first.
You could be severely deficient in potassium and have a perfectly normal blood test. The fact is, the blood test is often worthless for diagnosing
potassium-induced chronic fatigue.
Go to your kitchen cabinets or fridge, and look at any and all food with a
label on it. I don’t care if it’s your favorite breakfast cereal or a box of macaroni and cheese. See if you can find a single food with seven times more potassium than sodium even better, see if you can locate any food that doesn’t have far more sodium than potassium.
No? Well, then unless you’re loading up on other potassium-rich foods
you can be almost certain your cells are deficient in potassium.
Typical Americans get as much as three times more sodium than potassium in their diets.
That’s because food processing ***** out up to 90 percent of the important nutrients from raw foods. Then, manufacturers load up the food with sodium to extend shelf life and keep bacteria from growing.
You end up with food that has an unhealthy mineral balance that can lead to heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and, you guessed it,
chronic fatigue.
In order to boost your energy and shed the debilitating symptoms of chronic fatigue, you need to restore the potassium levels in your cells. But it’s not as simple as popping a supplement every day. In fact, people looking to correct their potassium levels are frequently stymied
you need the following five nutrients to convert carbohydrates into energy
Vitamin B1 (thiamin), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (niacin), Lipoic acid, Pantothenic acid.
If you’re missing any one of these nutrients, carbs don’t break down properly, and your body produces muscle tightening lactic acid instead. Your cells also become crippled at generating energy from burning sugar. your multivitamin i'll bet doesn’t contain lipoic acid and pantothenic acid,
either, because they’re expensive ingredients.The multivitamins most likely to contain both lipoic acid and pantothenic acid are those designed for diabetics. Lipoic acid is well known for supporting glucose metabolism, so manufacturers reluctantly include it in these formulations.
Adding one, simple potato to your daily diet could give you an extra 1,000 mg of the potassium you’re cells are begging for. For adding more potassium, down the potato with some fresh orange juice.
Foods containing Potassium (mg) 6 oz orange juice 1,436
1 cup beet greens 1,309 1 cup dates 1,168  1 cup raisins 1,086
Medium potato with skin 1,081 1 cup lima beans 955
1 cup cooked spinach 839 1 cup pinto beans 746 1 avocado 720
Banana 422.
The spice section of your supermarket look for a salt substitute with potassium chloride. if you use them regularly, you can
restore your potassium-to-sodium ratio in a matter of months.
These salt substitutes deliver more than 500 mg of potassium in each serving. Don’t expect a salt substitute to taste like salt. You might need to try a few different brands before you find one that suits your
taste. It can take a few months to restore your potassium ratio (remember, you didn’t become deficient overnight), but many people start
to feel more energy in a matter of days.
If you have a hard time getting your doc to prescribe you potassium supplements (and you probably will) then try what I suggested.
You want to boost your potassium intake by several thousand milligrams a day. Even the medical textbooks say that there’s no upper limit to how much potassium healthy people can absorb from their diet as long as
your kidney function is normal. Check with your doctor first!
Have you tried B12 shots or Sublingual B12 pills? for the tiredness.
As for the diarrhea, You haven't said what your diet contains. You should go to your health food store and buy good quality refrigerated type pro biotic!