Nutrition Community
Health Problems from Not Chewing Your Food...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

What kind of health problems does not chewing your food cause? I heard it's just problems with your stomach, but I haven't had such problems. For 18 years of my life I have never spend much time chewing my food.
Avatar n tn
I think my circulation has been worsening not sure if it's due to this, because my extremities can't generate or conserve heat well.
Avatar n tn
It's easy to overeat if you don't chew your food enough times, which may lead to excess weight.
Avatar n tn
Failure to chew your food can lead to weight gain only because you are eating more than you would if you took the time to chew. The act of chewing activates glands under the tongue that have enzymes to start the digestion process.  The less chewing you do, the longer it takes the stomach to break down the food.  Food stays in the stomach longer before passing into the small intestines.  This can food to ferment in the stomach which leads to gas, bloating, and acid reflux.  If you don't drink water with your food, but soda or milk, then the food is dryer when it leaves the stomach and vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients may be left unabsorbed.  As the food travels through the large intestines, the lack of water in the diet can lead to constipation, hard stools, and scraping of the intestine which can lead to bleeding in the rectum.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Jul 24
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
Track your weight over time