Nutrition Expert Forum
*Healthy Dieting*
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

*Healthy Dieting*

I'm currently on a diet.. I drink two whey protein shakes a day... One for breakfast.. Another for lunch.. then for dinner I eat a sensible meal.. For snacks I eat fruit during the day.. Is this diet healthy? Will I lose weight and gain all back fast? I'm also considering drinking green tea 3-4 cups a day..
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'4
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
267079_tn?1195146570
You should be consuming 1800 calories a day for your age. If what you are eating adds up to 1800 calories, then you will lose weight. If the whey shakes are high calorie and go above 1800, then you will not lose weight. It is good you are eating fruit and dinner meals. The slower you lose weight, the less likely you will gain it back. Try a Heart Healthy diet to lose weight which is a moderate fat diet and a moderate fat diet means = using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Think of this ‘diet’ as a way of life change. Hoped this helped you.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank