Healthy pregnancy eating?
Hi Everyone!
Earlier this week I found out I am pregnant.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 3 1/2 years, and we are so thrilled it finally worked!  I have been searching the internet for good tools to help ensure that I'm getting the right nutrition for myself and the baby, but I really haven't found anything great.  I plan to go to a nutritionist for advice, but if any of you can provide input or know of a good program/app to assist me, I'd very much appreciate it.  Thanks!

Hi there,
Good nutrition is very essential during pregnancy for having a healthy baby. The diet should include grains like whole wheat bread, whole grain cereal; vegetables, fruits, dairy products, eggs, nuts etc.Getting adequate folic acid is very important as a prenatal supplement. Choose grains fortified with folic acid, including breakfast cereals, breads, rice, and pasta, every day too. Have enough of proteins during pregnancy for preventing restriction of fetal growth. Iron needs are increased in pregnancy so ensure intake of dark green leafy vegetables. Moderately active women who start pregnancy at a healthy weight need about 2,400 calories a day. Consult a nutritionist for specific advice. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!