Nutrition Community
High liver enzymes in Babies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

High liver enzymes in Babies

Can elevated liver enzymes in babies between the ages of 1-6 months be caused by under nourishing?
This baby I am asking about had a liver enzyme count of 190 until the age of 9 months when it went down to 35. Is there the possibility that because the baby weighed only 11 pounds at 5 1/2 months old that the higher level of enzmes was due to the mother under nourishing her baby? When we took the baby in as foster parents, we were able to bring her weight to 17 pounds at 9 months old and her liver enzyes are normal.
enzymes will fluctuate for several reasons.  mal nutrition can be one of them.  I am glad to see the baby is with a caring family . God bless you for taking this child in
l
my little brother is two and a half weeks old and was borne 6 weeks premature! he was due to come out of hospital today but the doctors have said no as something to do with enzyme in his liver!....please what does this mean and is he going to be ok, im rather worried! thankyou
my son was born 3 wks premature, and his enzymes in his liver 16 points up....and hes has acid reflux and 20 second seziers and i have to snap him out of them then he acts fine, everything about him seems normal except when he first wakes up ? so what does anyone think is the problem ?