High protein, low meat
I eat breakfast then still feel sluggish. I need something high in protein, but not packed with meat. I eat a little big of chicken but that's eat. I really need some protein to get going. What are you favorite sources of protein?
First, what are you eating?  Lots of sugar? Or whole grains.  Because carbohydrates give us energy, they just have to be the right ones.  As for protein foods, keep in mind some people don't do well without meat, and B12 is hard to get without it.  And that's important for energy.  But beans of all kinds are wonderful sources of protein, as are nuts.  Soy beans are the most complete protein in the vegetable world other than spirulina, a fresh water algae, which is very nutritious but although the protein in spirulina is quite good quality you can't eat a whole lot of it.  And seeds are also high in protein.  Not hard getting protein.
Having any dairy products reduce the speed of your metabolism too.
So it may take a while for your body to digest all the good stuff and actually get going. Don't eat few big meals a day either, try eat small amounts inbertween to keep the processes going.

But to kick start a morning, don't indulge in the sugar or coffee (:O bad for you anyway!! :D) you'll end up with a crash, so if you wanna keep yourself going after brekkie, eat the complex carbohydrates.

Aaaaaandd,,, the current recommended daily intake (RDI) of protein is 46 grams for women aged 19-70 and 56 grams for men aged 19-70.
Protein is great for your body but don't eat too much or it will leave you with some BAD side effects ( is that the right word?)

Cheese has protein, Roasted Pumpkin, Squash, and Watermelon Seeds, do you eat fish because fish has protein (like all meat), Lentils, Pulses, and Peanuts, Different types of peas, Peanut butter, Avacado, Coconut (yuck :P), brown rice, beet root and oats!!! Those are some of the highest (no meat) protein sources out there :D

Hope I was helpful!!!