Nutrition Expert Forum
How can I help him?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How can I help him?

My son was born 5.5 pounds, full term, IUGR, failed APGAR and was in NICU for a short time. Labeled Failure to Thrive...
LONG story short...  We were told he had RTA (reinal tublar acidosis) (please excuse spelling).
He has gone through endo, nephrology, metaboloic disease testing.  All we were ever told is that all his test come back normal but at the low end.

The question is...  How can I get my 8 year old, who weighs 41 lbs and is 4 foot 1 inch to gain weight.  He has many food aversion.. hates pasta, mashed potatoes, etc..  This could be due to the fact that a small part of his soft palate and uvula are split.  

Is there a supplement, or meds or something extra that we can give to him.  He is so thin. Sometimes he even loses strength in his legs when he runs.  (Sometimes I think he is losing mussel)

Please help..
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
Weight Gain in Children
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
41 pounds
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
: