Nutrition Community
How can I make my 13 year old son feel hungry?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

My 13 year old son, who is an active boy but he rarely feels hungry!!! He doesn't want to eat anything and he is telling that it's a boring task to eat!! There's nothing he likes to eat.. He never takes breakfast and in the school he usually drinks fruit juices for his meals. He's doing lot of sports and all other extra curricular activities so I think he should feel hungry and eat a lot. But when he comes home he tells that his very tired so he just takes a cup of tea and doesn't eat anything! He's a good sleeper too! He is doing his studies really well. He is 5'5 tall and thin. He drinks lot of water. So what can I do to make him feel hungry bcs I think it's not good to eat nothing since he's burning lot of energy in the whole day??? Will he be like this forever?? :(
Is he too thin?  Have you taken him to a doctor for bloodwork to see if he's missing nutrients?  Have you explained how nutrients work to him so he understands he can become malnourished if he doesn't eat properly?  And if you're the parent and he's the kid, well, maybe the problem is he doesn't get that.
He is not too thin but thinner than average. Yes but we always ended up with a fight when I try to take him to the doctor!!! Because Im having a really busy life since Im running a hotel all alone and really busy with my other son and the 3 year old daughter and I have to run behind her too to feed her. So I hardly find time to be with him.. Yes I always explain him the importance of eating nutritious food but he doesn't care them at all.. When he is at home he is always with the computer or sleeps! So what should I do to make him understand..?
MH Community Mgr commented on photo
May 25
CamLp uploaded new photos
May 24
Best Multivitamins for Men
May 24 by gymdandee
Track your weight over time