Nutrition Expert Forum
How to gain and keep weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

How to gain and keep weight
I am a hard gainer always have been. But the past 7 months have been quite severe in terms of weight loss and keeping my weight. I use to be around 140-150 which was thin but still okay for me. I am now 130, my clothes hang off me and I have to layer myself to look like a human being. I am eating normally, I dont know what to do.
Other than steroids, Is there a prescribed medicine that can help me gain weight?
Suggest you find out why you are losing weight by going to see your MD to help stop or slow down the weight loss. In the meantime, try drinking either nutrient dense drinks (in addition to eating your meals) such as ensure or make your own milkshakes - soy yogurt, soy milk, and frozen fruit blended together; or milk, ice cream, and frozen fruit blended together for extra calories, protein and nutrients to help increase your weight. It is important you eat 3 meals a day with snacks between meals. Hoped this helped you.