Nutrition Community
Hungry after I eat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Hungry after I eat

I've noticed over the past month or so that I am hungry after I eat. Sometimes I am not hungry before I eat, and am more hungry after I eat. Even if I have a large dinner I still want to eat and feel hungry. I am 18 and exercise regularly by running. My running fluxuates according to my week- I run minimum 10K to maximum 30K a week. Maybe my diet is not right for running? Occasionally I am hungry all the time- regardless of how much I eat. I am also an emotional eater and therefore eat not because of hunger, but for cravings. I have tried drinking water to fill up the space, or waiting for the feeling to pass and sometimes it does pass, but it is hard for me to sit there for  a couple of hours being hungry- it's all I can think about! I am wondering if there is something going on in my body that I am unaware of that is making me feel this way?

If you can get a copy of "the Gabriel method" - it will help with the emotional eating stuff... it's done wonders for me...
it helps your body see food as fuel and energy and so the need to 'fill ourselves' emotionally (fulfiling feelings) starts to find new avenues. so other methods of finding that satisfied feeling.

hope this helps. Even if it's not for 'weight loss' - it's a new way to look at food and that hungry feeling.