Nutrition Expert Forum
Iron Supplements
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Iron Supplements

I'm taking Floradix iron tablets three times a day. They are great, they don't cause constipation and give me a lot of energy, as they also supply me with B vitamins. Anyway, I'm underweight and I'm desperate to gain weight and the methods I've been trying aren't too healthy nor have they been successful. I've read that iron supplements do not cause weight gain, but can they cause weight gain if you are underweight? Could the anemia itself be the very reason why I have been underweight for so long? I definitely do not "under-eat", most pepole are actually surprised by how much I can eat for my size, I just don't like red meat. I'm not a vegetarian, I've just never been a big fan of it, so I'm guessing I've been anemic for quite some time now. I've been taking the pills for a couple weeks and I have managed to gain a few pounds and was just wondering if the pills could be the reason (hoping so).
Thanks
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5'3
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
98 lbs