Nutrition Community
Is My Iron really low?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Is My Iron really low?

I just got some blood work back and found out I have low iron the numbers tell me that My iron is very low and it does worry me I have started on a supplement until I can get in to see my family doctor on the 17th Of Dec....my numbers are  Iron is 5 and the lab report states it should be between 10-33umol/l and Iron saturation is 0.08 and it should be between .20-.55. Anybody have any thoughts
First, one blood test doesn't tell a story.  It tells what you were like at that moment.  Maybe at another moment you would have tested normally.  If you were significantly low on iron, it should show in fatigue and weakness.  One easy way to test it is to take a supplement called Herbal Iron by Floradix, a very absorbable plant source of iron.  And try eating more green foods such as parsley and dandelion greens and watercress, which are high in easily absorbed iron, as are beets and other foods.  
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Eliminate This ONE Ingredient and W...
Jun 25 by gymdandee
Tatisss uploaded new photos
Jun 24
MH Community Mgr uploaded a new photo
Jun 24
Track your weight over time