Nutrition Expert Forum
Is it safe to drink ensure 3 or more a day?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

I have had alot of stomach problems and anxiety. I have lost 16 pounds in about a month. I am trying to get in calories to not lose any more weight. I still can not eat much. Are the ensure drinks safe to drink at 3 or more a day. Is there a better nutrision drink?      Thank you...
It is ok to drink 3 Ensures a day to stop losing weight, however, you should find out why you have issues with your stomach and need to eat regular food. It is good you are going to a Gastroenterologist. If you have esophageal spasms, then you do not have to worry about Celiac disease (gluten / wheat allergy) which occurs only in the small intestine. Numerous gastric issues are anxiety provoked and relaxation methods have helped. Hope this helped you and best of luck.
Have you gone to a gastroenterologist? You may have Celiac Sprue or Gluten Intolerance. Your symptoms are familiar to this disease. It is a genetic food allergy.
Thank you, I see the gastroenterologist June 13. 7 years ago had the same problems.I have esophageal spasms.That along with the anxiety has took away my appetite. I was worried about drinking too many Ensure drinks.  Thank You........
Thank you so much for your advice.The spasms have been gone for about a week now.I am on Celexa 20 mg   for 14 days.Do you know if this has stopped the spasms?