Nutrition Expert Forum
Is my baby overeating?

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Is my baby overeating?
My baby girl was 7lbs, 6oz when born.  She is now 6 weeks old and a hefty 13lbs.  She is feeding on formula approx. 32 oz a day (eight 4oz feedings) every 2 1/2 - 3 hours.  I am concerned that if she continues this way I will barely be able to lift her at 6 months!  Is she eating too much?
Children are supposed to grow. She is not eating too much and she is doing fine. Suggest feeding her 5-6ozs per feeding and maybe she will go longer between feeds (4-6 hours).