Is there really such a thing as a sugar high?
Hi all. For the most part, I eat pretty healthy. I eat mostly whole grains, etc. But I've noticed something strange. When I eat something with a lot of sugar, I will feel almost drunk. I feel like my brain's kinda fuzzy and sometimes my eyes can't even focus. Have you ever heard of such a thing??
I guess I forget about this because I don't eat sugar a lot but like tonight I made cookies and had a couple. Now I feel all those symptoms. Am I having a strange reaction to the sugar?? Do others have this happen to them?
Like I said, I hardly ever eat a lot of sugar and keep artificial sugar in the house for my tea, etc. but once in awhile if I eat certain things with a lot of sugar, I will feel this way! It's weird. I don't even know how to explain it or what's going on. Does it have anything to do with my blood sugar? I know the obvious, I should probably stay away from sugar. At least I'm assuming it's the sugar. I don't know what else it could be. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Just wondering if I'm the only strange one this happens to, lol. Would love to hear some feedback on this. Thanks!
Hi April, how are you?  I can't say that I have ever experienced what you did...I love sugar and sugar loves me, unfortunately.  But I have heard of others experiencing what you did after high carb meals.  Try googling "reactive hypoglycemia" and see if that fits your symptoms.  Good luck and stay away from the cookies.