Nutrition Community
Juice fasting?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Juice fasting?

Has anybody done a juice fast? How long did you do it for? What was your experiance with it?
Avatar n tn
I don't recommend it. Your muscles need more protien than the fruits and veg's can give. It will also spike your glucose level which can lead to your body to store FAT, and you are not getting the fiber your guts need to scape the **** (no pun intended) off.
Avatar n tn
Forget about fasting. It's nonsense. Stick with a low carb diet, keep carbs under about 60 grams a day. The main thing is  to have a high-fat moderate-protein diet with minimal carbs. Keeps blood sugar in a stable range. Insulin is a powerful hormone, and carbs will only incite blood sugar spikes.  Carbs on balance are nasty things. And they are not necessary for survival. Only  fat and protein are.

Avatar n tn
Juice fasting is a bit extreme. I don't recomend it, however, I have a friend who eats healthy for 3 weeks out of every 4 and juices for the 4th. She is very healthy and this regimen has helped her lose over 2 stone and keep it off. However, it would be far better to eat a healthy balanced diet not resricting or banning any food groups. I personally eat 3 balanced meals a day but have replaced my morning and afternoon snacks with fresh veggie juices. I have bags of energy and it has really improved the condition of my skin so you could include juices around your normal diet. If you still want to try a fast make sure you don't do it for more than 3 days at a time and it is worth investing in a book which gives detailed guidelines on how to fast, what exactly to include and how to break it.
Hope this helps.
Avatar n tn

I was on full juicing for 4 days and did semi juicing for 14 days for 2 times.
Now, I am feeling healtier, and my pimples problem is gone!!
I do not think that juicing is a bad idea, but of course you need the right way. In the midst of juicing, I do recommend for you to take some supplements that provide energy and all the nutrition that our body needs.

I have a friend that went on juicing for 14 days and slim down up to 15kg. Amazing, right?
:D
Looking good is one thing, most importantly, stay healthy!

Please dont hesitate to email me at ***@**** if you have anymore questions.

Have a nice day!

Avatar n tn
wow I wouldn't even consider juice fasting, I'm terrified of juice, too many calories.
There was just something on the MSNBC website today about it.  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18595886/
Ariannis is ... Comment
1 hr ago
MH Community Mgr is enjoying warm weather th... Comment
MH Community Mgr commented on Des_a_rae's status
May 23
Track your weight over time