Nutrition Community
Juicing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Juicing

Can you OD on juicing?  I have started juicing and drink about two 8 oz glasses per day.  Usually I juice carrots, kale, celery, apples.  Occassionaly dandelions, tomatoes and spinich.  I have been doing this everyday for almost a week.  Now I am concerned about taking in too many nutrients.   Is that possible?  Also what are some good combination of juices, what else should I try?

Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
I have heard that your body absorbs what it needs and excretes the rest.
Sounds like you are doing a great job
Dee
Blank
363281_tn?1353103243
You can never overdose on good, nutritious food, what your body does not need, it will get rid of. You are doing a great job, keep it up.
Blank
The body can get too much of certain vitamins, but I don't think 2 glasses of juice are too much. A,D, E, and K (ADEK) are the vitamins that one can get too much of. Most people don't have enough nutritients, so not enough is more common than too much. The rest like C, B's, etc. the body excretes. Do your own research about it or ask a qualified professional for more information. Vitamin D is very important and it is possible to have your levels checked. I think it is possible to check levels on the others also.

Vegetables are better than fruit, because fruit has a lot of sugar in it. Spinach, kale, leafy green veggies are some of the best. Garlic would be good to juice also. Carrots are great.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...