Kids fed on Neocate due to Cow Milk Allergy
My Son was healthy when he was born and he was all well….it’s only after couple of weeks I and my wife found that he has cow milk allergy ….we have been to so many hospitals and more than us he suffered at lot …an adult would never fit in his shoes and experience that pain….. honestly nobody can come over the pain of those dozens of injections and repeated hospitalization….however after being hospitalized for seven times we final found a solution for his diet ..its Neocate LCP and we are feeding him on Neocate LCP since past four months ……we tried alternate diet along with Neocate milk but he is still not comfortable with it ….whenever we try something else like rice flour or just rice fining grinned, diluted and fed ,,,he start puking and goes dehydrated …….I want to know if somebody else is feeding their kid on Neocate and more important if somebody had fed their kid on Neocate and went back to normal diet ….if yes please let me know the time to time changes you made in his/her diet to go back to normal ……….I am writing this post with a lot of expectation and request you all too kindly share your experience with me …..thank you
Almost everyone is allergic to cow's milk.  That's why mammals breast feed.  When you don't or can't breast feed, one thing missing is the immune system building colostrum found in early breast milk.  No formula is healthy -- they are just the best we can do sometimes.  But I'm guessing there must be something other than just cow milk allergy going on, since there are plenty of substitutes for that (the best being breast milk, but there's also goat milk, sheep's milk, etc.).  But try asking your health professionals if supplemental colostrum might not be helpful if you can't breast feed.
Like the person above already mentioned, most of the world is allergic to cows milk or lactose intolerant. No other animal in the world eats another animals milk hut us. We are also the only species that drinks milk past infant stage. My father was fed on goats milk because of this same problem. You may be able to speak to your Dr about receiving donated breast milk from other mothers. They use this especially with premature babies but your son may be a good candidate. I wish you the best of luck with this!