Nutrition Community
Liver cleanse after bloody colon cleanse?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

I am on the last (10th) day of my colon cleanse. All was going well, except for the little diarrhea I've had today and yesterday. I was supposed to start my liver cleanse protocol tomorrow when I noticed that my poop contained some blood today.

How long should I wait now to do the liver cleanse? Is it safe to do tomorrow? Or should I wait a day or two before starting the protocol?
I don't think that's a terrible product, but never buy anything like this on Amazon and especially GNC without researching the product first at a good independent health food store or by reading about it.  I hope everything goes well.
What kind of colon cleanse did you do?  Sounds like it was pretty harsh (and pretty long).  I'd want to know if the bleeding continues and why it's bleeding in the first place before I did any more eliminating.  Look, if you want to colon cleanse for a longer period of time than a couple of days, don't use a colon cleanser -- just fast.  
I used Super Colon Cleanse tablets by Health Plus Inc. It is sold on Amazon, but I got mine at GNC. The bottle says to take 4 tablets twice daily for 10 days. I did not notice any blood today.
Well, I still don't have a answer to my question. When it is safe for me to begin the liver cleanse?
How the heck do you unselect the "best answer"? I didn't mean to click that at all because your comment does not answer my question.
I don't even know how to select best answer.  I wouldn't worry about it -- nobody pays attention to it anyway.  As to your question, you've already done what I would consider an unsafe colon cleanse, and I don't know why you did it.  I tried to make that clear.  But since a liver cleanse doesn't involve the colon but instead flushes out toxins stored in the liver, assuming the liver cleanse you're using is a decent product, I don't see how the two are really connected all that much.  One uses fibers and maybe (harmfully) laxatives to flush out the colon, the other uses herbs such as milk thistle that are believed to help dislodge toxins the liver has collected to protect your body from them.  Different mechanisms.  If you're on any medication, you shouldn't do a liver cleanse, as it will clean them out as well.  But if you really want to do this stuff right, why not consult an expert?  Do some reading?  This isn't arcane, it's pretty common practice, so you can learn this yourself by doing homework before embarking on things by buying products at places that are not known to be discerning in the products they sell such as Amazon and especially GNC.