Nutrition Community
Lost my appetite, mental or physical?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to nutrition, a balanced diet, calories, cholesterol, diet and disease, food preparation, vegetarian diet, and vitamins and minerals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lost my appetite, mental or physical?

I have been losing my appetite recently. I just don't feel like eating at all before dinner time.
There's days when I feel like throwing up after few bites and then there's days when I'm eating normally without any symptoms. Like yesterday, I ate quite a big breakfast in the morning and the next meal I had was a late dinner. I took few bites and already felt that I can't eat anymore. That was everything what I ate that day and didn't even feel hungry.
I am 18 years old girl and quite skinny according to my height. (54kg/168cm) I've been feeling really weak for few weeks now and haven't had appetite at all. I'm feeling tired and extremely cold all the time.
I don't have any health problems.

The point is that I don't feel hungry, but I feel really sick. I haven't checked my weight recently but I am feeling that it might have gone down a bit.
I just have no idea why I'm like this. I'm really afraid of losing more weight and becoming more weak.

Hi there,
Loss of appetite can be due to number of causes. The causes can be mild to severe. Anorexia nervosa, depression all can affect appetite. Thyroid problems, diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis, chronic infections of the kidney or liver, any carcinoma or cancer can cause  decreased appetite. What are the other symptoms you are having? These are only a few possibilities. A complete medical history, clinical examination and a work up is essential for determining the cause. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nutrition Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank