Low WBC..related to vegetarian diet?
Hi,  recent bloodwork showed I had low white blood cells. I have an anxiety disorder, but am otherwise healthy and STD free. I've read online that a vegetarian diet can result in a low count. Is there truth to this? I am not a vegan - I eat eggs and dairy.
Diet usually does not affect the white blood cell counts if the person eats daily a variety of healthy food, including fruits and vegetables. Disease states and some medications usually cause the decrease, however, there are some healthy people that naturally have lower white blood cell counts. Suggest monitor it a few times a year to determine if it changes or stays the same. Hoped this helped you.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.